13.12.05

Blame Canada

The US ambassador to Canada is shaking his shamer at the country's political parties for their less than flattering stance on different US policies. Currently in the grips of a federal election campaign, the beady-eyed buggers are jibba-jabbering about things that matter to them, and Ambassador David Wilkins doesn't like the pitch of their tones.
"It may be smart election politics to thump your chest and constantly criticize your friend and your No. 1 trading partner. But it's a slippery slope and all of us should hope it doesn't have a long-term impact on our relationship."
A the top of the lists of has been the US stance on Kyoto and climate, and even more impudently, Canada's insistence of its sovereignty.
"That our friends do not like what we say -- well, c'est la vie. I'm going to defend Canada and I'm right on softwood lumber and I'm right on climate change and I won't let anybody tell me that I should not defend my country," [Prime Minister Martin] said

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home